While I have filed numerous lawsuits on behalf of my clients over the past 33 years, I whole-heartedly believe that all clients should be advised of the top ten reasons you should not file a lawsuit. I offer this list:
1. You owe your opponent more money than he or she owes you.
2. You don’t want to turn over relevant documents to your opponent’s lawyer or they are already shredded.
3. You fired all of your employees who are knowledgeable about the dispute.
4. You lack the time to educate your lawyer about the dispute, retrieve relevant documents, or give a deposition.
5. You think that all witnesses tell the truth.
6. You regard yourself as superior to jurors or the Judge.
7. You believe that just by filing the lawsuit, you will get a settlement.
8. Your opponent has no money to pay a judgment.
9. Your company or key witnesses must continue to do business with your opponent or his or her allies.
10. The cost of the lawsuit is more than you would benefit with total victory
If none of your clients are now contemplating a lawsuit, print and save this information. If your clients are contemplating a lawsuit, you need effective and experienced counsel. Contact our attorneys today to put our experience to work for you. To determine reasons you should not file a lawsuit or if you should, we offer free consultations.